> About Silver Light Editions
Silver Light Editions is located in Cochranville, Pennsylvania, in Scenic Southern Chester County.
Although Silver Light Editions' primary focus is the manufacture of unique bathroom furniture and bathroom vanities we also manufacture furniture, mirrors, and home accessories. Our "New Antique" line was inspired by antique American designs.
The most unusual aspect of the business is that our vanities and mirrors are manufactured using antique lumber (primarily pine & chestnut) reclaimed from vintage barns in Pennsylvania and the surrounding area.
In addition, the pieces are manufactured using antique construction, such as pegged mortise & tenon joints, and finished using authentic furniture finishes that may include antiquing processes such as distressing, staining, painting, and crackling.
Our one-of-a-kind pieces of antique furniture are unique in their materials, design, construction, and finishing. They tell an engaging "story" about our history, the Amish community, (many of the parts are machined and assembled in on-farm Amish wood working shops) and conscientious ecology that resonates with our customers.
These are pieces of furniture you can not find anywhere else!
A Note From John Parsons
- Antique Woods. Pine and Chestnut from reclaimed Pennsylvania barns. The woods in our furniture may be from the 18th or 19th century. Oak and Poplar are available by special order.
- An environmentally sustaining (Green) reclaimed wood product.
- Antique designs and Construction including Pegged Mortise & Tenon joints. We use either round or square pegs, often of Walnut or Pine.
- Hand Made Hardware. Hand turned knobs in Walnut and Pine, each piece is unique.
- Solid wood furniture. Full dimensional stock for rails, legs, shelves & tops. We use glued up stock only when necessary, tops & shelves. Legs and Rails up to 8" wide are formed from one piece of material. No veneers are used in our "New Antiques".
- Hand Made Furniture. Our vanities are manufactured individually. These are one-of-a-kind pieces of furniture built to order based on your specifications.
- Antique Finishes: Hand distressed and hand finished using both brush and spray applications. Although we standardize our finishing process each piece is uniquely different due to the handwork and the distressing/antiquing and singular (crackle) finishing process we apply to our furniture.
- Many of our furniture pieces are accented by our unique forge hammered hardware